Monday, January 30, 2012

Sketchbook 28


I like to make my own sketchbooks and fill them with people and places, both real and imaginary.

Sketchbook 28 got it's first drawing in October, and it's last in January. I draw in my sketchbooks everyday, so it took about 4 months to run out of pages.

Sketchbook 28 is 8.5"x11 inches when opened and has about 224 pages, not including the extra pages tipped in. I stapled it together using Neehah Environment recycled paper, regular xerox paper, lots of blue tape and used a recycled file folder for the cover.

I like to draw with pens and pencils of all kinds, but mostly I draw with my Lamy Safari fountain pen. I use a fancy ink from Japan in the pen - Carbon Platinum Ink. It is really waterproof and it doesn't clog the fountain pen. Guache, graphite, colored pencil, magic marker, cut paper, inks, and tip in's all find a place there, too.

This video shows a few (47) of the drawings from the sketchbook, but inside are also art supply lists,  typography, rants, job notes, big ideas, business cards, and assignment sketches.

If we met in person, most likely you are mentioned, or drawn, in one of my sketchbooks. If you made an impression, you are definitely in the book! I love drawing people.

See More Sketchbooks:
Sketchbook 26 - the sketchbook sessions
The Restaurant Sketchbook


Music: Crimson and Clover: Joan Jett covers Tommy James & the Shondells © EMI Records.
 
Graham Smith: Sketchbook 28 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails