Monday, June 4, 2012

Life Drawing Workshop: male study

Bruno on Red - Graham Smith
Bruno on Red: colored pencil life drawing, done as a demo drawing at the Sony Life Drawing Workshop, to illustrate how a light source is brightest at it's focus.

It was really fun drawing that dense red curtain. The whole thing is a solid, thick, waxy color, and I just about tired my hands out coloring it! Good times.

John Bruno on Red (detail) - Graham Smith
For the drawing geeks: This drawing is 18 x 24 inches on Strathmore Recycled 80 lb drawing paper. The paper is prepared with a light acrylic wash of raw sienna paint, to seal the paper and give it a nice warm base tone. I used colored pencils and white chalk to draw the figure over the course of a three hour pose. I finished the drawing in my studio at home.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails